U.S. Small Business Administration 8(a) Business Development Program
The 8(a) Business Development program was established by the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) to enable Socially Disadvantaged Businesses (SDBs), like Plurax, to negotiate and compete for sole-source and set-aside contracts with the federal government. The government can award 8(a) businesses sole-sources contracts of up to $4.5 million for services and up to $7.5 million for manufacturing. The program also offers business development support including mentoring, training, and technical
U.S. Small Business Administration Historically Underutilized Business Zone (HUBZone) Program
The SBA’s HUBZone program enables Plurax to compete for the 3% of federal contracts which are set-aside for HUBZone companies. In addition, Plurax’s price proposals will get a 10% price evaluation
U.S. Small Business Administration Mentor-Protégé Program
Plurax recently submitted a Mentor-Protégé application, which is currently under review for approval by the SBA. The Mentor-Protégé program partners a small business with an experienced government contractor to help the small business to have more opportunities to compete for government contracts
while gaining knowledge, experience, and resources.
General Services Administration (GSA)
In November of 2021, Plurax was awarded Contract #47QSHA22D000L under GSA 03FAC Schedule for Facilities Maintenance and Management services as a prime contractor. This contract was awarded with a five-year base and three five-year options.
By utilizing this contract, federal agencies can:
- Streamline the acquisition process,
- Save money with negotiated pricing which has already been determined to be fair and reasonable, and
- Reduce risk with pre-qualified prime contractors such as Plurax.
This schedule provides federal customers with a long-term contract vehicle to obtain comprehensive facilities maintenance and management services including:
- Elevator/Escalator Inspection Services
- Elevator/Escalator Maintenance Services
- Facilities Consulting, Assessment and Planning
- Facilities Management
- HVAC Maintenance: Boilers, Chillers and Refrigeration
- Janitorial Services
- Maintenance of Fire Alarm Systems
- Maintenance of Fuel Facility Systems
- Maintenance of Renewable Energy Systems
- Maintenance of Utilities